Dance To Your Own Beat
Dogeared In The Desert WKND 2
So…. we couldn’t resist! With that festival vibe still lingering in the air, we couldn’t help but check out weekend 2! A bunch of girls from Dogeared packed up for Palm Springs to take on round 2 and we’re really glad that they did! We found lots of boho beauties rocking their Dogeared in the Desert!
Festival Style: Haute Pink Pretty
Festival fever is definitely upon us and following the fashion is almost as fun as attending, right?! Loving this effortless festival style captured by LA blogger Haute Pink Pretty, joined by another local favorite Sydne Style, in Palm Springs last weekend. As we learned, flower crowns and bikinis are essentials when it comes to playing dress up in the desert. But we love how Haute Pink Pretty accented her accessories with a simple Free Spirit Isis Pyramid necklace; it’s a look that could easily find it’s way back to the streets of Los Angeles.
Festival Photo Diary
We sent our festival fashionista, Becca, down to Palm Springs last weekend (check out her packing list) to soak in the sun and enjoy some amazing live music with friends. She didn’t disappoint when it came to capturing the free spirit feeling in the air! Fun and friends, warm weather, incredible music, crazy clothes, lots of jewels and amazing memories.
shop the look: 1. free spirit lapis beaded choker 2. chakra solar plexus necklace 3. original karma necklace 4. 100 good wishes beaded necklace
shop the look: 1. healing gem labradorite necklace 2. balance spiky spear necklace 3. chakra crown necklace 4. original karma necklace 5. 100 good wishes beaded necklace 6. free spirit lapis beaded choker 7. chakra solar plexus necklace
shop the look: 1. free spirit isis pyramid ring 2. 100 good wishes sparkle necklace (worn as bracelet)
shop the look: 1. healing gem turquoise necklace 2. free spirit bull skull necklace 3. free spirit lapis beaded choker 4. chakra solar plexus necklace 5. not to worry beads, set of 3
shop the look: 1. free spirit bull skull necklace 2. balance spiky spear necklace
Spotted: Dogeared @ Coachella
Our girl Becca always brings a huge crew to Coachella and this year she made sure all her ladies were dripping in Dogeared. Her friend, Halcyon, looked killer in her festival looks! Featured on Who What Wear, Refinery 29 AND Elle.com, the fashion elite certainly seem to agree!
shop the story: 1. healing gem smokey quartz necklace 2. free spirit carnelian beaded choker 3. karma large sparkle ring
images via: WhoWhatWear.com & Elle.com
Palm Springs Packin’
She’s already road tripping to the desert, but we got a quick peak inside Becca’s weekend suitcase. Check out the music festival essentials she can’t live without:
1. Flower Crown: “My best friend made this flower crown for me last year. She made one for all of us. Pretty sure these are required, everybody wears them.”
2. Bikini Top: “You usually start your day at a pool party so you pretty much live in a bathing suit all weekend. L*Space is the only brand I’ll wear. It’s so comfortable. I literally have 4 L*Space bikini tops, one for every day.”
3. Dogeared Delicates: “I wear the California necklace almost every day anyway. I’m a Cali girl born and raised so I have to represent. I love the Chakra necklaces for festival, they are just so pretty and they’re pretty substantial in size so they make a statement.”
4. The Festival Bracelet(s): “These are a music festival ESSENTIAL! Not To Worry Beads are super easy to wear, they’re stackable, you can layer with them, or they stand out on their own… perfect for any festival girl.”
5. Denim Cutoffs: “Ah, I love my vintage Levi’s! I have 3 other pairs of them. They’re actually mens. Mens vintage Levi’s”
6. Rings for Every Finger: “Layer on those rings girl! Dogeared rings are great because they’re so easily stackable. The new Free Spirit rings are so cute and perfect for festival.”
7. Comfortable Shoes: “Converse. Always. But you have to break them in for a week beforehand.”
8. Sunglasses: “You gotta check out Made Eyewear. This pair is a really cool color, they’re like a white tortoise which is really different. I’m a huge fan – they’re super comfortable, styles are always current.”
9. Cross-Body Bag: “You definitely need to have a good cross-body bag so your hands are free to throw in the air! Love my Rebecca Minkoff Leopard Mac bag, I use the same one every year.”
10. My iPhone: “Obv for taking photos and video every 10 seconds. (Follow Becca’s festival weekend as she takes over our Instagram @dogearedjewelry) I need to keep in touch with friends while I’m there. INSIDER TIP: If you go into the Apple Maps app on your iPhone, you can drop a pin wherever you are, that way your friends can find you and meet up in the same place.”
11. Organic Sunscreen: “You HAVE to wear sunscreen at outdoor festivals. You’ll regret it for life if you don’t. I started using this organic sunscreen from Block Island Organics and I love it. It’s non-toxic and most importantly, it doesn’t clog my pores.”
12. Printed Tank: “I love this one specifically because it has a cool, tribal-like print which feels very festival (similar here). It’s also cut low on the sides which just feels really light and airy when it’s on.”
13: Long Layering Necklaces: “I just love to have short and long necklaces to make a statement. I layer tons of 100 Good Wishes with my delicates. The new long Interlocking Rings Karma necklace is awesome, it’s very substantial and provides a great balance to the rest.”
Festival Style: Lucky Magazine feat. Dogeared
Easily the best headline we’ve seen all season! LuckyMagazine.com breaks down the festival trend and “How To Dress For Coachella Without Looking Like A Crazy Person“. They suggest losing the booty shorts and friendship bracelets, and opt for a more chic boho vibe featuring delicate ring stacks instead, like our Charmed rings.
Festival Essential: The Bracelet(s)
It’s about that time when music lovers, fashionistas and the generally fabulous head out to the desert in Palm Springs to kick off the 2014 Festival Season! Aside from the music, festival style defines the season and we’ve got THE must-have piece of jewelry you can’t go without. This trend calls for “more is more” and Not To Worry Beads make for the ultimate festival essential. They are the perfect addition to your existing arm party. They go with everything. Oh, and they come in a set of 3… so pile ’em on!