Relax. Go ahead – take the day to celebrate you. Sometimes the only escape you need is to stay put and cozy up.
This spring, we looked to our Sr. E-commerce Manager, Danielle, for the must-have Dogeared pieces that every woman should own. Now it’s time for our favorite summer updates – and guess who is picking? ME! My name is Gracy, I’m your Social Media & Content Manager and the one keeping you connected to all things Dogeared. I love sharing with you all everyday, your photos and messages are so creative and kind, I feel like you’re a part of my family.
When it comes to the weekend, you’re probably so ready to shed your work-week wardrobe and throw on something comfortable and cozy. Whether it’s for brunch with your girlfriends, walking your pup on the pier, or just running errands, easy, effortless jewelry can take the work out of you weekend style! shop the look: 1. free spirit turquoise choker 2. free spirit isis pyramid necklace 3. balance spiky spear necklace shop the look: 1. happy gem rings 2. free spirit rings 3. healing gem hemimorphite necklace 4. free spirit plume necklace 5. 100 good wishes necklaces 6. balance leather bracelets (magnetic closure)
She’s already road tripping to the desert, but we got a quick peak inside Becca’s weekend suitcase. Check out the music festival essentials she can’t live without:
1. Flower Crown: “My best friend made this flower crown for me last year. She made one for all of us. Pretty sure these are required, everybody wears them.”
2. Bikini Top: “You usually start your day at a pool party so you pretty much live in a bathing suit all weekend. L*Space is the only brand I’ll wear. It’s so comfortable. I literally have 4 L*Space bikini tops, one for every day.”
3. Dogeared Delicates: “I wear the California necklace almost every day anyway. I’m a Cali girl born and raised so I have to represent. I love the Chakra necklaces for festival, they are just so pretty and they’re pretty substantial in size so they make a statement.”
4. The Festival Bracelet(s): “These are a music festival ESSENTIAL! Not To Worry Beads are super easy to wear, they’re stackable, you can layer with them, or they stand out on their own… perfect for any festival girl.”
5. Denim Cutoffs: “Ah, I love my vintage Levi’s! I have 3 other pairs of them. They’re actually mens. Mens vintage Levi’s”
7. Comfortable Shoes: “Converse. Always. But you have to break them in for a week beforehand.”
8. Sunglasses: “You gotta check out Made Eyewear. This pair is a really cool color, they’re like a white tortoise which is really different. I’m a huge fan – they’re super comfortable, styles are always current.”
9. Cross-Body Bag: “You definitely need to have a good cross-body bag so your hands are free to throw in the air! Love my Rebecca Minkoff Leopard Mac bag, I use the same one every year.”
10. My iPhone: “Obv for taking photos and video every 10 seconds. (Follow Becca’s festival weekend as she takes over our Instagram @dogearedjewelry) I need to keep in touch with friends while I’m there. INSIDER TIP: If you go into the Apple Maps app on your iPhone, you can drop a pin wherever you are, that way your friends can find you and meet up in the same place.”
11. Organic Sunscreen: “You HAVE to wear sunscreen at outdoor festivals. You’ll regret it for life if you don’t. I started using this organic sunscreen from Block Island Organics and I love it. It’s non-toxic and most importantly, it doesn’t clog my pores.”
12. Printed Tank: “I love this one specifically because it has a cool, tribal-like print which feels very festival (similar here). It’s also cut low on the sides which just feels really light and airy when it’s on.”
13: Long Layering Necklaces: “I just love to have short and long necklaces to make a statement. I layer tons of 100 Good Wishes with my delicates. The new long Interlocking Rings Karma necklace is awesome, it’s very substantial and provides a great balance to the rest.”
Looking for those signature accessories that are always just right? Hit the reset button this spring and stock your jewel box with pieces you’ll wear over and over again. Express your own sense of style and multiply your accessory options with these mixable & matchable must-haves. Danielle, our E-commerce Manager, lives for fashion! She spends her days curating the perfect collections for Dogeared.com and she’s narrowed down her favorite jewels that every woman should own.