Dressed up or down, pearls are a go-with-everything accessory. Whether it’s a simple pearl or a load of layers, you can easily add a touch of feminine to your effortless summer look. Pearls will always add that desired sophistication, but don’t be afraid to have fun! Go a little edgy in our Spike and Pearl necklace or try a long Black Pearl and Chain necklace to make more of a statement.
When it comes to the weekend, you’re probably so ready to shed your work-week wardrobe and throw on something comfortable and cozy. Whether it’s for brunch with your girlfriends, walking your pup on the pier, or just running errands, easy, effortless jewelry can take the work out of you weekend style! shop the look: 1. free spirit turquoise choker 2. free spirit isis pyramid necklace 3. balance spiky spear necklace shop the look: 1. happy gem rings 2. free spirit rings 3. healing gem hemimorphite necklace 4. free spirit plume necklace 5. 100 good wishes necklaces 6. balance leather bracelets (magnetic closure)
Tuula Vintage in Dogeared Karma
So our jaws pretty much dropped when we spotted top fashion blogger, Jessica Stein of Tuula Vintage, wearing Dogeared in a recent photo shoot with Aussie based retailer, The Iconic! Having been longtime followers of her travel & style blog, we were beyond thrilled to see our bestselling Karma Necklace on the blogger babe. The full campaign launched on their site Monday, and it looks AMAZING! Plus, we loved reading about how she got started, her favorite travel spots and can’t-live-without designers in The Iconic’s behind the scenes interview with the Australian beauty!
images via www.theiconic.com.au
New Mom Profile: Chain Strap Purse
With an affinity for fashion and champagne, you can only imagine the transformation new-mom-to-be Alison, creator of ChainStrapPurse.com, was expecting to go through upon finding out she was pregnant for the first time. Living in Washington DC with her husband, Alison anticipated how her blog posts might shift to incorporate a new bump-worthy maternity style! Determined not to lose her fierce sense of personal style, she’s the kind of girl who just refuses to swap faux leather leggings for maternity jeans. Instead, she has allowed the joy of the journey to inspire her to feel even more glamorous, confident, and prepared for her new life ahead.
We have loved following her over the last few months and are inspired by her poise, her personal growth, and her general refusal to give up her everyday style. Even better? Her go-to everyday jewelry is Dogeared… we got the inside scoop from this fab mom-to-be!
I didn’t want to change how I dressed or my personal style just because I was pregnant. Everyone has different experiences, of course, but why shouldn’t a mom-to-be rock faux leather leggings and heels as long as that’s what they’re comfortable in!? Being pregnant also makes you appreciate your jewelry and accessories so much more. When it seems like nothing fits, at least you know your accessories won’t let you down!
For me, less is more when it comes to accessorizing and I tend to keep my everyday jewelry pretty simple. I love the look of dainty layered necklaces or just a few knuckle rings (though I do love a good statement pieces on occasion), which is why Dogeared jewelry is perfect. I also love pieces that have versatility and can be mixed and matched with other jewelry and outfits.
shop the look: 1. karma sparkle rings, set of 3 2. it’s the journey north star necklace 3. new mom safety pin necklace
shop the look: 1. best mom ever pearl necklace 2. good luck elephant necklace 3. karma sparkle rings, set of 3
Just Be You
One of my favorite quotes is from St. Francis DeSales: “Be who you are and be that well.” As I get older, I’m realizing more and more how true this is and how important it is to just be you. Especially now that I’m having a baby, this is definitely something I want to instill in her.
A New Chapter
There are so many things to be excited about, I don’t think I could pick just one! I’m just so excited to start this new chapter of our lives and I absolutely can’t wait to watch my husband be a father and our parents become grandparents for the first time.
I wanted to keep it very neutral, elegant and peaceful, so we went with a white and gray color scheme and incorporated hints of very light pink here and there – we’re having a girl, after all. This quilt drapes over the glider in the nursery – it was made by a long-time family friend and given to me as a gift at my shower. The little bears are all made out of flannel shirts my dad used to wear. He passed last year just after I found out I was pregnant so having him close by means the world to me.
Most Afraid Of…
Umm…everything (haha)! Being a parent is the most important job in the world and it’s such a huge responsibility. You want to do everything perfect — especially the first time around!
Special Moms In Your Life
My mom is, of course, the number one mom in my life. We’re very close and she’s taught me everything I know about what it means to be a loving, selfless and encouraging person and mother, and I hope to pass all of those things along to my daughter. I’m also grateful to be close to my mother-in-law, who is one of the most kind and gentle people I’ve ever met. She helped raise my husband to be such a good man, and I’m so thankful for that.
Mom Knows Best
Whenever I would tell my mom that I was nervous to have kids, she would always just say that all I have to do is love them. It’s okay to make mistakes along the way, because no parent is perfect. So simple, but so true!
To trust my instincts. I haven’t spent a lot of time around babies, so of course I’m nervous, but every mom I’ve talked to has assured me at how natural it all is once the baby is actually here!
We HEART Mom
My mom has a small collection of heart-shaped pieces that she always wears. As much as I wanted to get her one of the heart necklaces, she already has a few with hearts on them. So the Sparkle Karma necklace is perfect! I picked this one for her because it represents good karma and positivity. We’ve been through some big and difficult changes in the past year, namely the loss of my dad, and she’ll soon be moving down to Virginia to be closer to me — not to mention her first grandchild. So it’s a symbol that good things are on the horizon!
I really like to be able to mix and match, so for me, the versatility of Dogeared is ideal. Plus, I imagine when the baby comes I will need easy jewelry that I can wear everyday, which is what attracted to me to Dogeared in the first place! Here are some of my favorite dainty Dogeared pieces that I know I’d have forever:
Blue hues are white hot! Add your pop of color with a Turquoise Healing Gem or a Lapis Beaded Choker. These cool colors will add detail and depth to your breezy summer look!
Dogeared In The Desert WKND 2
So…. we couldn’t resist! With that festival vibe still lingering in the air, we couldn’t help but check out weekend 2! A bunch of girls from Dogeared packed up for Palm Springs to take on round 2 and we’re really glad that they did! We found lots of boho beauties rocking their Dogeared in the Desert!
Festival Photo Diary
We sent our festival fashionista, Becca, down to Palm Springs last weekend (check out her packing list) to soak in the sun and enjoy some amazing live music with friends. She didn’t disappoint when it came to capturing the free spirit feeling in the air! Fun and friends, warm weather, incredible music, crazy clothes, lots of jewels and amazing memories.
shop the look: 1. free spirit lapis beaded choker 2. chakra solar plexus necklace 3. original karma necklace 4. 100 good wishes beaded necklace
shop the look: 1. healing gem labradorite necklace 2. balance spiky spear necklace 3. chakra crown necklace 4. original karma necklace 5. 100 good wishes beaded necklace 6. free spirit lapis beaded choker 7. chakra solar plexus necklace
shop the look: 1. free spirit isis pyramid ring 2. 100 good wishes sparkle necklace (worn as bracelet)
shop the look: 1. healing gem turquoise necklace 2. free spirit bull skull necklace 3. free spirit lapis beaded choker 4. chakra solar plexus necklace 5. not to worry beads, set of 3
shop the look: 1. free spirit bull skull necklace 2. balance spiky spear necklace
Rock The Line
We’re always obsessing over Danielle’s style, our Senior E-Commerce Manager & Dogeared’s fashion guru. She showed up to work one day in these UNREAL striped pants from Topshop so we immediately threw her in front of the lens to capture this edgy rocker vibe. Our new Balance Spiky Spear necklace was the ultimate accessory. Check out these behind the scenes photos from our impromptu shoot!
Danielle looked insane, but we weren’t capturing her vibe under the lights so we took the shoot outdoors at Dogeared Headquarters.
Palm Springs Packin’
She’s already road tripping to the desert, but we got a quick peak inside Becca’s weekend suitcase. Check out the music festival essentials she can’t live without:
1. Flower Crown: “My best friend made this flower crown for me last year. She made one for all of us. Pretty sure these are required, everybody wears them.”
2. Bikini Top: “You usually start your day at a pool party so you pretty much live in a bathing suit all weekend. L*Space is the only brand I’ll wear. It’s so comfortable. I literally have 4 L*Space bikini tops, one for every day.”
3. Dogeared Delicates: “I wear the California necklace almost every day anyway. I’m a Cali girl born and raised so I have to represent. I love the Chakra necklaces for festival, they are just so pretty and they’re pretty substantial in size so they make a statement.”
4. The Festival Bracelet(s): “These are a music festival ESSENTIAL! Not To Worry Beads are super easy to wear, they’re stackable, you can layer with them, or they stand out on their own… perfect for any festival girl.”
5. Denim Cutoffs: “Ah, I love my vintage Levi’s! I have 3 other pairs of them. They’re actually mens. Mens vintage Levi’s”
6. Rings for Every Finger: “Layer on those rings girl! Dogeared rings are great because they’re so easily stackable. The new Free Spirit rings are so cute and perfect for festival.”
7. Comfortable Shoes: “Converse. Always. But you have to break them in for a week beforehand.”
8. Sunglasses: “You gotta check out Made Eyewear. This pair is a really cool color, they’re like a white tortoise which is really different. I’m a huge fan – they’re super comfortable, styles are always current.”
9. Cross-Body Bag: “You definitely need to have a good cross-body bag so your hands are free to throw in the air! Love my Rebecca Minkoff Leopard Mac bag, I use the same one every year.”
10. My iPhone: “Obv for taking photos and video every 10 seconds. (Follow Becca’s festival weekend as she takes over our Instagram @dogearedjewelry) I need to keep in touch with friends while I’m there. INSIDER TIP: If you go into the Apple Maps app on your iPhone, you can drop a pin wherever you are, that way your friends can find you and meet up in the same place.”
11. Organic Sunscreen: “You HAVE to wear sunscreen at outdoor festivals. You’ll regret it for life if you don’t. I started using this organic sunscreen from Block Island Organics and I love it. It’s non-toxic and most importantly, it doesn’t clog my pores.”
12. Printed Tank: “I love this one specifically because it has a cool, tribal-like print which feels very festival (similar here). It’s also cut low on the sides which just feels really light and airy when it’s on.”
13: Long Layering Necklaces: “I just love to have short and long necklaces to make a statement. I layer tons of 100 Good Wishes with my delicates. The new long Interlocking Rings Karma necklace is awesome, it’s very substantial and provides a great balance to the rest.”